Ethelbert B. Crawford Public Library Teen Volunteer Policy
- Teen volunteers may be in 7th-12th grades (12-18 years of age).
- Teen volunteers must wear their volunteer lanyard at all times when working a volunteer shift.
- Volunteers are responsible for securing transportation to and from the library for their shifts.
- If you are unable to be at the library for a scheduled shift, notify the Youth Services Librarian as soon as possible.
- Teens will not be able to babysit siblings during their volunteer shifts.
- Teen volunteers are representatives of the library and must abide by EBCPL policies and code of conduct.
- Volunteers who do not abide by the EBCPL code of conduct or exhibit other inappropriate behavior will be removed from the program.
- If a volunteer misses a shift and does not call ahead, they will receive a warning. If two shifts are missed, the volunteer will be removed from the program.
- Volunteers may work 2-4 hours per week. These hours may be done in one block or split into two sessions.
- Work appropriate clothing must be worn while volunteering.
Volunteer responsibilities may include:
- Cutting scrap paper
- Dusting shelves
- Creating & filling book displays
- Helping with children's programs
- Shelf reading library materials
- Setting up and cleaning up library events
- Straightening shelves
- Stuffing summer reading or new library card goodie bags
- Distributing summer reading prizes
- Creating posters & flyers
- Assisting with Friends of the Library events
- Cleaning books & toys
For more information, please contact our Youth Services Librarian, Cheryl Jones at 845-794-4660 ext. 8 or by email at email@example.com