Code of Conduct
Click here to see the code of conduct all of our patrons are subject to.
Getting a Library Card
You need the following to get a library card:
- Photo ID
- Proof of Address
- Address must be within our district ( Monticello Central School District )
Bring these in to the library and our staff can walk you through the process. Once we have all your information we'll give you an initial card that allows:
- 1 Adult book
- 2 Children's books
You'll have to use this initial card until you receive your complete card in the mail. If you don't receive your card within a week, please call (845)794-4660 or come to the library to resolve the issue.
Do not loan this card to anyone else, and notify us promptly in the event of an address change or loss of card.
Minors can receive cards as long as they can write their name and are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Using our Library
With our library card you can:
- Access all 47 libraries in the RCLS system
- Take out up to 50 books (with some restrictions)
- 2 7-day movie rentals and 2 3-day movie rentals.
- Use our computers
- Access our digital collection on OverDrive
Print material can be borrowed for 14 days, new fiction titles cannot be renewed. DVD's can be borrowed as long as indicated ( 3-day or 7-day ).
Fines and Fees
- Overdue print materials from our library are $0.10 per item per day our library is open.
- DVD overdue fines are as follows:
- 3-day: $2.00 per item per day our library is open
- 7-day: $1.00 per item per day our library is open
- ILL fines are determined by the lending library.
- Copies are $0.15/page for black and white, $0.25 for color.
- Forgotten library card: $0.25.
- You will be charged the full cost of a lost/damaged item.
If you have more than $10.00 in fines you will not be able to borrow from our library.
Using our computers
We have PC's dedicated to patron use, all you need to use them is a library card. Once you pick your station you will be prompted to put in your library card number found on the back of your card. Read through our user agreements and once accepted you'll have the familiar windows desktop, with some limitations:
- We don't allow you to explore files already stored on the computer
- We don't allow you to download or save anything to the computer ( we do let you download and save to a personal flash/USB/pen drive )
- Your session is limited to 45 minutes, with 2 15-minute extensions if there's no queue. Once your sessions ends the computer restarts, nothing is saved.
- You are limited to 1 session a day, no matter it's length.
- You may print as usual, but it won't be released until you've paid. It's $0.10/page for black and white, $0.25/page for color. You can put money on your library card for printing with us, just let our staff know.
We do our best to keep the computers up to date and able to meet your demands, feel free to leave a note for our tech support if we're missing something. If at anytime you feel lost, please ask our staff for assistance.
Using our computers without a library card.
We offer guest passes to use our computers, these come with the same rules listed above in addition to the following:
- You need to present some form of photo ID
- You can only use a guest pass 3 times before you need a card.
We also offer a computer card for $3, when purchased you get computer access for a year.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the library, our SSID is "EB Crawford Library". It's free and has no password.
Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
If you can't find what you're looking for at our library, there may be another library in our system that has it. In this case you can order it at our library, online through our catalog, or by phone. We receive regular shipments from our fellow libraries, once processed we will notify you, in the way that you specified, that your item is available to be picked up. You will be told how long we can hold on to the item, if you do not pick it up in time we send it back (no exceptions).
All material ordered and borrowed through ILL are subject to the owning libraries policies.
- The Robert D. Norris Community Room located on the first floor (seats 75)
- Available Equipment: Projector and Screen, DVD Player, portable microphone, podium.
- Apply to Danielle DiStefano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-794-4660, ext. 6
- The Study Room located on the first floor. Reservation must be made in person and lasts for 2.5 hours.
Please click here for more details and the full policy on room use.