Ethelbert B. Crawford Public Library
Trustee Meeting Minutes - May 19, 2016
Approved June 16, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 6:06 pm by President Lynn Skolnick. Members present included Sari Rosenheck, Marvin Rappaport, and Connie Keller. Absent were Marcia Raponi, Steve Sharoff, Christine Cavello.
Lynn called for a motion to approve the minutes of April 21st. Connie moved to accept the minutes as presented, Sari seconded the motion. A vote was taken and passed unanimously.
Connie approved the vouchers for bills to be paid and moved to pay all bills presented. A discussion ensued. Marvin seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
One letter received, from Albert Lombardo, pertaining to possible donations.
Committee Reports (see director’s report)
· Bylaws still pending
· Outdoor space policy/liability
· Social Media
· Sick time buy out, accrued Sick time
· MP will have answer for June meeting
· Sept event still to be done
o Diostado Santiago
· MP will delegate staff to do Media PSA’s
· Finalize PR for Summer Series
· Newsletter-report on speakers
· Ethelbert Tribute
o MP working with graphic designer-hoping to see soon
· DVAA pop-up gallery in a store front on Broadway?
· $272 for fabrication of Board
Buildings and Grounds
· Landscaping—overstuffed reading chair
o Vera Williams story walk
· Bikes/Bike Racks
o MP will ask Insurance Co re: Liabilities
· Listing closing due 5/31/16
o Notify Miriam to relist and Contact Village
· Feedback was excellent re: Trustee Workshop
· Gap Audit $20,000
· Illumination in parking lot not resolved
· Board members’ Cornerstone –Lynn spoke with Barbara Semonite from Mamakating
· Possible lunch for Supervisors and Town Managers?
o Gathering for officials and 3 towns’ managers—orientation
· Fall Election Date
o 2-8pm 10/13/16
o Lynn will call re: outage
Motion to adjourn by Marvin, seconded by Sari
Next meeting 6/16/16
Respectfully submitted by Sari Rosenheck