Ethelbert B. Crawford Public Library
Trustee Meeting Minutes October 20, 2016
Approved November 17, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 6:01pm by President Lynn Skolnick. Members present included Lynn Skolnick, Marvin Rappaport, Sari Rosenheck, Marcia Raponi, Connie Keller and Chris Cavello. Steve Sharoff was absent.
Lynn called for a motion to approve the minutes of September, 2016. Marcia moved to accept the minutes as presented. Christine seconded the motion. A vote was taken and passed unanimously.
Lynn approved the vouchers for bills to be paid, Marvin moved to pay all bills, Marcia seconded and it passed unanimously.
Mary Paige received notice of a public hearing (for the purchase of the “Woolworths” building across the street for Tuesday, 10/25/16. The proposal is for a 58 bed assisted living facility. Concerns are for parking, visitors.
Plans approved to fund the Chair through “Plans & Progress” County grant ($1,875 reimbursement grant toward the $4,000 cost of the Mosaic Chair in the garden)
Sullivan Renaissance $2,500 Technical Assistance grant awarded toward architectural drawings for landscaping plan development
Proposal for additional Security cameras
Committee Reports (see director’s report)
1. Finance charge on Creative Products
2. TechSoup Global deals on Software
3. NYSEG is a bimonthly bill
4. Space heater near Book Drop (chilly and drafty)
5. Christine check tax
6. The check approved (#6535) for final payment toward the Outdoor Cushion Seats $1,225 will be assigned as initial payment (to the same vendor) toward the $4,000 cost to fabricate & install the Mosaic Chair
· Programming Committee
1. Connie for Ad Hoc programming
1. Christopher Crumly thanked us
2. Put Holidays in Programming Calendar
3. Rotary Program 11/15?
4. Advertising needs more advanced notice going out
2. Mary Paige “morning of” reminders
3. Joanna email blast
4. Sign up lists for each program with email addresses
5. Eval and sign up list at every program with an up to date email address
1. A library page will enter the data from eval forms
6. Need a report of effectiveness
7. Ira Simon will do Book Talks
· Ethelbert Tribute
1. Next Wednesday for Panel
2. Paintings cleaned and framed- hung Monday; the bill less than anticipated
3. The Mckay family will be here for 10/26 Anniversary & Ethelbert Tribute event
4. MP discussed panel.
5. Community room then unveil panel
6. Family will say a few words
7. 6:30pm gather in community room
1. Marcia had meeting for prices for naming opportunities, donating for benches, etc
2. Connor will blow up pic for window.
3. Friends meeting 11/8 - Marcia & Lynn will discuss plan to disseminate donor info
4. Fundraising Goal: $50,000.
1. Marvin made a motion to submit the Grant Disbursement Agreement to DASNY. Connie seconded it. It passed unanimously.
2. Lynn will do the Library Newsletter and announce that Budget was approved.
1. There were 39 absentee ballots
3. RCLS Budget vote
1. Marcia moved to accept, Sari seconded. Passed unanimously.
· New Business
1. Contract with Scott Bedik for 7 additional video surveillance cameras.
2. Sari made a motion to pursue additional security, Marvin seconded. Passed unanimously
· Old Business
1. ByLaws- lawyer not on retainer anymore
§ PR went to Programming
§ B & G needs regular inspections
· Cushions in kids’ room, railings weren’t cleaned
§ To change wording of By Laws we need a month’s notice, then a vote.
§ Conflict of Interest policy needs to be revisited as part of Bylaws; reaffirmed annually.
§ Reformulate Committees Annually, as per Connie.
§ Lynn brought up issue of Sunday populations who use Library WiFi.
3. Motion to adjourn was made by Sari at 7:50pm. Seconded by Christine.
Sari Rosenheck, Secretary