Ethelbert B. Crawford Public Library
Trustee Meeting Minutes — October 22, 2015
Approved November 19, 2015
The October 22, 2015 meeting was called to order at 6:03 by President Lynn Skolnick. Marvin was connected via phone. Christine Cavello, our newly elected member was in attendance. She will begin her term in January, 2016. Steve Sharoff and Sari Rosenheck were absent from the meeting. All other members were in attendance.
The minutes of the September meeting were not available.
Lynn audited the bills to be paid. She questioned some of the checks and Mary Paige was able to substantiate those in question. This being the case, Marcia moved to pay all bills presented. Connie seconded and the vote was unanimous to pay the bills.
Board members discussed some of the fit and finish problems in the new building.
All members are asked to stop in this week to observe and notate any questionable issues.
The municipal lot next doors drainage onto our property was discussed by Mary Paige, David Sager, James Steinberg and Harvey Smith.
· The sale of 393 Broadway was supposed to close by the end of October. The attic is still full and cannot be emptied by then. Buyer prefers a December closing. .
· The Strategic Plan has again been postponed, but it will be taken care of by the end of the year.
· Social Media – postponed
· The Ethelbert Panel production has begun. Karen Rapp is giving us a reduced rate to do this. Ethelbert’s family was very appreciative of our recognition of them at ribbon-cutting.
· The clock is still a work in progress.
· The Tax Cap was explained to the board by our President.
· All members were successfully re-elected and the budget passed. Mary Paige will be getting the tax levy to the Towns.
· RCLS budget has included the increased service fees. Ours went up based on our budget and the new construction. Terry moved to accept the RCLS budget; Connie seconded the motion. Motion passed.
· Thank you cards – MP and Lynn divided up the names so that the appropriate thank you can be sent to each donor. The board again thanked MP for the hard work she did to make our dreams come to fruition.
· There is a Friends meeting on November 10. All are encouraged to be there.
· A notation on the location of the new building will be posted at the old building.
· Joanna was the deserving recipient of 2 awards at the RCLS Legislative Brunch. Mary Paige also received an award. We are very proud of them!
Having no further business the meeting adjourned. The next meeting will be held November 19, 2015, at the library.